Craftland Show is a month-long annual holiday sale in downtown Providence, RI that celebrates all kinds of sparkly handmade objects and the 160 artists who make them.
The 11th Annual Craftland Show is a quirky holiday sale located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island featuring an eclectic assortment of fine crafts and cutting-edge handmade items. The sale will take place from November 23 - December 31, 2012 in the year-round Craftland Shop at 235 Westminster Street, Providence RI 02903.
• • •
CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS WITH HANDMADE GIFTS FROM CRAFTLAND
Craftland on Westminster Street Offers Stylish and Functional Handmade
Items from Artists and Crafters Nationwide
Providence, RI—Craftland kicks off its 11th annual Holiday Show on Friday, November 23, 2012 with thousands of gifts for everyone on your list. Craftland Show features products from 170 artists from around New England and the entire country. Craftland, located at 235 Westminster Street, is the city’s premiere destination for handmade goods by independent artists—from one-of-a-kind craft items to fine art pieces.
Craftland shoppers will find an expanded store filled-to-the-brim with thousands of thoughtfully made items from handmade housewares and masterfully-crafted handbags, to adorable stuffed animals, cozy crocheted and knitted goods, one-of-a-kind art pieces, beautiful books, clothing, and our now-famous print wall, featuring dozens of screen printed pieces in a variety of prices and sizes. With prices from $1 to $300, there are handmade goodies for every budget. As always, purchases from Craftland are tax-free, and parking is easier than you think! Park at the Grant’s Block parking lot for two hours free with a validation stamp from Craftland. More parking information can be found online.
Craftland Show 2012 runs from November 23 – December 31, 2012 and will be open seven days a week 10am - 6pm - and open late Thursdays - Saturdays 10am - 8pm.
• Craftland Show Super Celebration Bash: Party! Friday, November 30th, 5-9pm. The first 100 shoppers receive highly-coveted goodie bags stuffed with freebies, coupons and more. Plus delicious Trinity Beer, snacks, music and fun activities! RSVP on Facebook here.
• BUY ART Reception: Meet the Buy Art artists! Thursday, December 6th, 5-8pm. See the original works available on this year's Buy Art pins.
• Meet the Artists Evening: Demos and refreshments! Thursday, December 13th, 5-8pm. Come hang out with the Washington DC ladies of Hello Craft and the authors of Handmade to Sell! We’ll talk the business of craft, mix, mingle and make pinback buttons in this casual author meet and greet. Whether you’re new to crafty biz or an old pro, Kelly and Christine will tackle your most pressing business related question. Copies of Handmade to Sell will be on hand for looking and for sale. Premium printers MOO will also be on hand to show off their amazing services for independent artists. RSVP on Facebook here.
• Late-Night Madness: Open till 10pm! Friday, December 21st, 10am-10pm. We know it's hard not to procrastinate the inevitable sometimes. And we're here for you.
• Plus free coffee from White Electric on Saturdays!
But unlike the holidays, Craftland doesn't end in December. Fun and quirky handmade gifts can be found year-round at the Craftland Shop, also located at 235 Westminster Street. For more information, please call 401.272.4285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Craftland Show
Craftland Show is an annual holiday craft show featuring the work of more than 160 artists from Rhode Island and nationwide. It began in 2002 and celebrates all kind of handmade objects and the people who make them.
About Craftland Shop
Craftland Shop, which grew out of the seasonal Craftland Show, is a year-round retail boutique specializing in fresh craft made by independent artists. The store carries a wide selection of merchandise, ranging from jewelry, to housewares, to clothing and gifts, which our team carefully handpicks from among the nation’s best crafters. The Craftland Gallery, which focuses on contemporary craft, and the Craftland School of Craft are also located at the space at 235 Westminster.